Sunday 4 July 2010

York

Right, train prices are insane! I don't think we want to pay around £220 (for the group). That would be an absolute minimum, involving booking well in advance. There's tickets costs several times that...
I was looking at hire cars, and using this place we could hire a 7-seater for the day for £112. As far as I can figure, fuel costs might be around £60 or so. It's about a three-hour drive, so we could pick up the car at 8-ish, leave by 9, be in York for lunch at 12, have the whole afternoon for wandering around, going to the Minster etc then get dinner somewhere before setting off back at 7 or 8. It's feasible, I think.
Opinions?

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering how we were going to do York, the train tickets I saw were 80 quid each! :-O
    But if we can get a car at the price you found then I think it will be worth it, I guess it just all depends on when we want to go. It'll be a pretty full on day and I think it would leave us pretty much wiped out for the next day too. Maybe that's something we could decide upon when we're there?

    ReplyDelete